He didn’t even know him!

Janeczka was very gifted. In Plock she went to third class... Earlier Mrs. Maria and her mother taught her how to write, read and count.

Mrs. Róża’s brother-Janka’s uncle, Zwanzigar, started to look for his family in poland by International Red Cross. He wrote a letter to Zurich. In the same time Mrs. Maria’s father wrote a letter on the adress given by Mrs. Róża (before she died). The Zwanzigar family didn’t live at the given adress but the letter went to Zurich. Families managed to have a contact. “They helped us to bring up Janka. They were sending us a lot of packages with food. Unfortunately the packages were emptied and filled by stones.”- says Mrs. Maria sadly.

Mrs. Maria went to secondary school named Staniław Małachowski in Plock. During the war Germans had there a stable. “Everybody was cleanig this building. There I got the secondary school certificate.”

In 1955 the family went back to Milanówek.

“In 1963 I got a flat in Warsaw. I really wanted to study medicine, but they didn’t take me up because of my brother who was abroad. Then I worked in Polimex, but they fired me when they heard about my brother.” It was a strange, terrible time. Everyone who had a contact with someone who was abroad had a big problem.

“Then I got married and had the children. I wored in project office.”- says Mrs. Maria without any details. Her husband was a lawyer. He had studied low and journalism on Warsaw University. “When he applied to prosecutor's office, they rejected him because I had a brother abroad. He didn’t even know him! It was absurd!”